Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome...and explanation

I love the United States of America, my faith, the state of Israel, the Jewish community (organized and not) and the Jewish people. At the same time, reality being what it is, there is no way to say what I have to say but through this anonymous portal. I love my job, which is a senior position within the organized Jewish world, and I have a responsibility to my family to avoid risks that threaten my capacity to provide for it.

I am aware that my credibility would be enhanced if my identity and background were revealed. Here's what I can tell you. I have been in and around the organized Jewish world for over two decades ( I have also worked outside the Jewish community). Now I work in the federation system.

Why do this blog? Well, because I want to express myself. I'd like to reflect back, to hold up a mirror in a way that only somebody inside the system could. I have no illusions of grandeur and no expectations of readership. The latter would be nice.

Finally, a shout out to the thoughtful and courageous blogger(s) at Disunited Jewish Communities. It's too bad this blogger, like me, can't speak out for fear of retribution. But it is what it is. It seems they, too, want to hold up a mirror and let people know that the emperors are naked.

I welcome your comments. I only ask, demand if necessary, that they are respectful and substantive.

No comments: